Thanks 2012


There was so much uncertainty and loss in my life in 2011. Life changed irrevocably and only promised more change. I'd like to say that I learned to be more flexible in my thinking, to choose joy, to embrace more closely those and that which I love - but I would be lying. What actually happened was that I became fearful and wary. When life could change so utterly and so suddenly for the worse, how dangerous is it to take risks? to be happy? to enjoy and embrace? I haven't yet shaken that off those dark thoughts entirely, but I have just been looking back at photographs of 2012 and overall it has been a much better year than I expected and a much happier year than I would have believed possible (as well as being punctuated by such delicious events as the Jubilee and The Olympics) so I am laying down my fretful, narrow mind, and tipping my hat, with gratitude, to 2012. Thanks to all of you who stood shoulder to shoulder with me through it. I owe you.

 From Army Quarters.....

 

 
To a home of our own.

 
 
A VERY happy birthday.....
 
 
and friends to share happy times with.
 

 
Darling Dogs.....
 
 
Sunny afternoons..
 
 
 

and best, best, best of all......

family.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment